A Dynamic Speaker & Powerful Wordsmith…
Lurie Daniel Favors is a dynamic speaker, prolific writer and an attorney dedicated to racial and social justice. Her speeches and writings on race, politics, culture, feminism, education and the impact of history on current racial dynamics challenge audiences to grow beyond their comfort zones – and to appreciate the process.
Her fast paced and lively presentations take listeners on a journey as she empowers them to re-examine their history, re-evaluate their belief systems and to imagine new possibilities. Lurie engages audiences at colleges, universities, schools, conferences, corporations and non profits organizations. Check out her list of popular speaking topics below.
Black History Month & MLK Programs
- Leadership Challenges for the 21st Century
- Bring that College Home: The Role of Black Student Activism
- Sankofa Leadership: The Importance of an Active History
Women’s History Month
- Afro State of Mind: The Evolving Politics of Hair, Skin Color, Identity & Gender
- Ain’t We Women? Building Bridges One Sister at a Time
- HERStory: Re-framing the Narrative
Diversity In Education
- Systematic Factors: Breaking the Cycle of Educational Underachievement
- Brainwashed: Cultivating Media Literacy in Minority Communities
- Knowledge of Self as Violence Prevention
- Challenging the School to Prison Pipeline
- Words as Weapons: Lesson’s From The Great Debaters
- True Diversity Values: Moving From Rhetoric to Implementation
- Different v. Deficient: The Power of Perspective
For information on how to bring Lurie to your institution please email Sonya@AfroStateOfMind.com.
Click here for the Lurie Daniel Favors Event Questionnaire.
Click here for the Lurie Daniel Favors One Sheet.